The BIBA Conference 2022 COVID-19 Conduct and Safety Instructions for Attendees
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to The BIBA Conference on 11 & 12 May and can’t wait to see you all again.
BIBA regards the health and safety of everyone attending the BIBA Conference as of paramount importance and have been working with the venue and our H&S team to implement measures to keep our attendees as safe and comfortable as possible when attending the show. We are following UK Government guidelines and we ask that our attendees do the same and that everyone play their part in keeping our visitors safe.
All the spaces in Manchester Central benefit from ventilation that exchanges internal air with fresh air from outside. The systems and air flow rates are compliant with the latest CIBSE + HSE recommended guidance for the prevention of the spread of COVID-19.
The 10 points below are important conduct and safety instructions for all our delegates, exhibitors, contractors and staff visiting the Conference. If you have any concerns or questions, please get in touch by clicking Contact Us at the top of the conference website and use the email form provided.
1. For the safety of our attendees we recommend you undertake a lateral flow test before travelling to the venue and only attend if you test negative in order to maximise protection to fellow attendees and staff working at Manchester Central.
2. Please do not attend the event if you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19 or if you are self-isolating. If you have been in close contact with someone who has recently tested positive with COVID-19 or displaying symptoms consistent with the disease, please consider the risk of carrying the infection to the event and as a minimum ensure a negative lateral flow test before travelling to the venue.
3. You must follow any relevant guidance on travel, including the use of public transport and, if you are visiting from overseas, check your Government advice for guidance on travelling, testing and quarantine measures before entering the UK.
4. We ask all attendees to consider their individual health circumstances before deciding to attend the BIBA Conference.
5. We are a mask-friendly event and encourage attendees and contractors to consider wearing a face-covering in enclosed or crowded areas
6. Hand sanitizer will be located around the venue for attendees to use and please maintain personal hygiene including regular handwashing and sneeze and cough etiquette. Please respect fellow attendees’ potential concerns for personal contact.
7. Manchester Central has an enhanced and frequent cleaning schedule of all shared and public spaces focusing on high traffic areas and touchpoints with virucidal/bacterial disinfectant.
8. We reserve the right to check your lateral flow test result or COVID-19 status.
9. If you begin to feel unwell or display symptoms of COVID-19 at our event or if we feel you are a health concern to others, we may ask you to take a lateral flow test and if positive, or if you refuse to take a test, you may be asked to leave the event.
10. Exhibitors are responsible for health and safety at their stand space. It is your responsibility to instruct your staff and contractors so they are aware of these instructions.
All Attendees who enter the BIBA Conference including build-up and breakdown shall be deemed to have accepted, and agree to comply with, these conduct and safety instructions and all current Government requirements and guidance regarding COVID-19. This may be updated to reflect guidance at the time.
BIBA expects all attendees to follow UK Government guidelines and these important conduct and safety instructions to help mitigate the risk of the spread of COVID-19 at our event. The virus is still transmitting in society. All attendees join the event entirely at their own risk and responsibility.
We ask that as we celebrate the return of the insurance industry back in-person at the BIBA Conference, that attendees look out for each other and be courteous to those around you and respect the space of others. Let’s do what we can to protect our insurance community.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The BIBA Conference for a safe and enjoyable visit!